Thursday, September 30, 2010

Moving update and a few of my Pet Peeves

Reno Hunk (the name my significant other has chosen for himself) is moving the remainder of our belongings from apartment to house today. Why has this taken so long??? Sunday was a zero productivity day, we went out the night before and got home in the wee hours of the morning. This was a stupid decision but there was a huge need to blow off some steam. This week we have been paying for it as things are down to the wire with moving...which makes me stressed and has made me an evil girlfriend complete with numerous temper tantrums and episodes of extreme bad attitude directed at Reno Hunk...sorry love.

I really do love our house but I have two pet peeves that are monopolizing my thoughts:

1). Our Laundry Room is best described as totally yucky. The floor is chipped up linoleum, there are no baseboards, the wall is half done in drywall and the exposed part of the wall is packed with about 5 years of dryer lint....I'm hoping its just dryer lint...and the plumbing is sketchy. Having a tough time finding a plumber so when our new appliances arrive next week I will hook them up and wish for the best. The laundry room is on the second floor which I know can be an issue in an older home....will it shake the whole house??  Into the yucky laundry room will go the new washer and dryer that we purchased...they will be beautiful. My plan for the laundry room will be to lay ceramic tile on the floor, put in a new tub and cupboards, drywall, baseboards and I will splurge on some pretty backsplash. This project is a bit lower on the priority list but I would be happy if it could be done by January. I just can't wait to do laundry in my own house after living in a triplex with shared laundry that was always in use.

2). Storage: Our house is about 100 years old so I know closet space in older homes be an issue. In this house it is a huge issue. We have a storage closet in our foyer, the dining room (slotted for wine storage) and two of the upstairs bedrooms have a closet. Unfortunately I can't use any of these closets. The previous owners took all of the shelves and rods (who does this??). The one remaining hanging rod is in my daughter's bedroom but it is not easy to get to. Her closet is over an old staircase so in the morning I have to climb up into the closet to find something to wear. The main upstairs bathroom only has a pedestal sink and the laundry room cupboards are being ripped down. Basically I have no where to put any of our stuff. We were up until midnight last night moving our dresser upstairs. I went through Reno Hunk's wardrobe one by one and had him make a decision on which items to keep and which to donate...apparently now I'm supposed to do the same with my clothes (avoiding that as long as I can). Our summer gear has been packed up and is ready to be stored in the basement. The storage issue will need to be in the top 10 priorities...asap...like this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...